Friday 5 April 2013

One Page Obstacles & Breaking

It's time to get back to the old-school old school with Breakage II: Electric Boogaloo.


This page combines one of my earliest blog posts with my earliest One Page. Strength is not like the other abilities: it can easily be measured in terms of force, and has a straightforward application. When you roll to open a door, you shouldn't be rolling for how much force you put out but how tough the door is to open.

Breaking stuff is fun. Or not fun if your weapon gets broken during a critical hit on your arm in combat. In the latest 52 Pages, items are either carried on the chest or by the waist, so a crit on body or legs would respectively threaten items in each of those areas with breakage.

3 comments:

  1. I have a quibble, which is I briefly found the "pushing doors open" section unclear. It might be improved by having a group of person-silhouettes representing the most people that can attempt to force the door at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same problem as Rachel.

    I'm also not sure that you should get two hits per six-second round, even against static objects. I helped tear down a building once, and know that I'd get more out of doing a properly prepared six-second swing, and two quick three second swings.

    Though given that you have the ability to properly aim when objects are static, you could go with double damage instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'll see about redoing the door opening section.

    ReplyDelete